Did you know an average of 37.1% of women and 29.9% of men suffer with anxiety in the UK?
This year for Mental Health Awareness Week 15th May-21st, the theme is anxiety. The week focuses on helping support those who feel anxious and stressed, giving advice on how to cope, and helping people share their stories.
Here are some tips for managing stress and anxiety:
- Take deep breaths – Inhale deeply through your nose and exhale slowly through your mouth. Repeat this several times.
- Limit caffeine and alcohol – Both can increase anxiety symptoms, so reduce your intake.
- Practice mindfulness – Focus on the present moment and observe your thoughts and feelings without judgment.
- Exercise regularly – Physical activity helps reduce stress and anxiety.
- Write down your worries – This can help you process your thoughts and reduce anxiety.
- Get enough sleep – Lack of sleep can make anxiety worse, so try to get 7-9 hours of sleep each night.
- Talk to someone – Share your feelings with a trusted friend or family member.
It can be difficult to understand and manage the challenges of living with Anxiety, but it affects 8 million people in the UK.
This Mental Health Awareness Week, let’s come together in support of those who suffer from Anxiety.
Fusion People see it as vital that we spread awareness and create an open and safe environment to discuss challenges and strategies for managing Anxiety.
To read more about anxiety please visit Mental Health UK: mentalhealth-uk.org