Rail Trainer / Assessor
Looking for a role where you can help to inspire, develop and grow the skills of rail workers?
Keen to work as part of a small but very experienced training team?
Want to work for one of the largest privately owned Rail recruiters in the UK?
Fusion People are looking for a Rail Trainer / Assessor to join their team based in Warrington. Working in our state-of-the-art training facility with both classroom environments and full track set-up, you will have the opportunity to train a wide range of competencies, helping maintain and develop the skills of those already in the industry and also to inspire the next generation of fresh recruits. All in all, your role will contribute to promoting effective and safe working in the Rail industry.
Who are Fusion People?
We’re a well-established recruitment agency and rail services company with offices across the UK, specialising in rail, construction, utilities, engineering & manufacturing – areas where we’re considered the go-to experts.
We supply staff to a range of projects across the UK, from isolations through pway maintenance to upgrades and major infrastructure projects. From skilled trades and PTS labour through to Senior Project, Technical and Assessment roles, we support some of the largest and most prestigious Infrastructure Owners and Principal Contractors in the industry.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a NSAR Licensed Trainer & Assessor with a proven track record in the Rail sector. You will either be currently working for another Rail training provider or freelancing and looking for a more stable role.
This role will take on responsibility for providing comprehensive training and assessment across a range of rail competencies for both external Client delegates and our own workforce.
Under the guidance and leadership of a highly experienced Rail Training Manager and ARTP Board member, this is a great opportunity to further your Rail training career.
– Conducting training and assessments in line with NSAR, Sentinel Scheme rules, Network Rail requirements and RSSB Group standards
– Adapting and adjusting training sessions in line with legislative and standard updates
– Leading and assessing groups of varying sizes in both classroom and track environments
– Ensure all delegates are aware of and adhering to safety procedures, leading by example at all times
– Reviewing and developing training plans and assessment criteria to meet required changes
– Completing all training and assessment documentation and uploading to Sentinel in line with scheme rules
– Utilising your network of industry contacts to help maintain and promote best practice
As a minimum:
– 5+ years’ experience in training and assessing rail competencies in accordance with Sentinel Scheme rules
– ability to plan, create and deliver comprehensive training courses
– Coaching / mentoring ability with a passion to pass on your knowledge
– Good attention to detail and analytical skills
– Excellent interpersonal skills
Qualifications & Competencies required:
– TDLB Level 3
– TAQA Level 3 Assessor Award
– NSAR Licensed Trainer & Assessor
– Train / Assess – PTS / DCCR / IWA / COSS essential
– Train / Assess – PC / ES / AP / NP preferred
Qualities and Attitude
Approachable – ability to relate to the needs of the business, your team, your candidates and your Clients
Motivational – can lead a team across differing levels of experience to achieve both individual and joint goals
Proactive – anticipates problems and shows initiative for problem-solving and generating new ideas
Flexible – is willing to undertake a range of tasks for the effective running of the department
Apply today by sending your CV in reply to this advert
— Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business. You’ll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.