A large social housing regeneration group are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor for social housing retrofit / decarbonisation refurbishment projects working from Derby and on site half the week in the East Midlands
Summary of Role:
Carrying out the commercial role on the project in line with processes and procedures to ensure the contractual and commercial position is protected and financial performance is enhanced.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Develop a good understanding of the wider aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental law affecting a Facilities business.
* Have a full understanding and appreciation of the contract under which your project is operating and the risks and opportunities this presents.
* Understand and implement the requirements of Health Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures and conduct all duties in a manner consistent with these.
* Develop a high level of competence in the application of IT skills to facilitate own role within
* Identify, manage, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities
* Be an advocate for Lean management and encourage the operational and commercial teams to look for ways to improve our services and constantly improve.
* Identify, manage and continually demonstrate the value of our service to our clients through effective use of Management Information.
* Maximise cash flow through timely preparation of valuations, submission of invoices and receipt of payment
* Develop high level of understanding of planning, programming and works order tracking to ensure accurate progress reporting
* Fully understand the project measures and performance criteria and influence the performance of our suppliers and teams against these metrics.
* Production of Timely accounts for use in managing the business
* Production of accurate and timely financial forecasts for use in setting targets
* Establish and maintain accurate and robust reporting structures and monitor resources and costs to ensure that projects meet and / or exceed targets
* Develop comprehensive understanding of financial models including cashflow; turnover forecasts and project profit / loss statements
* Manage and report on the clients budget as required within the contract and constantly strive to improve the value of the service we provide.
* Develop and in-depth understanding of contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to contracts.
* Assist in the prompt preparation and settlement of all accounts.
* Ensure the prompt identification of risks in projects and implement risk management techniques, risk registers and actions plans to mitigate the risks
* Procure services and materials in an efficient manner with organisations in accordance with procurement policy and procedures and ensure appropriate records are kept.
* Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the requirements of the quality policy and procedures and how these are applied to individuals own role.
* Ability to develop new ideas and developing it into a different approach.
* Share any innovations with the wider team.
* Develop understanding and working knowledge of project close out processes
* Ensure that the commercial function is at the heart of the project team.
* Actively develop influencing and negotiation skills
* Actively researches issues to identify alternatives actions and always look to implement optimum solutions.
Commercial degree or equivalent
Social Housing Refurbishment
Part of a larger construction group they are leading provider of regeneration services in the UK. They design, build, refurbish and regenerate communities completing refurbishment, repairs and maintenance and housing development.
It is likely you will have previously worked as either a QS or Quantity Surveyor
If you feel that you have the correct skills for this role then please forward CV’s to Adam Shaw on Email
— Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business. You’ll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.