Job Title: Assembly Fitter
Location: Birkenhead, Wirral
Duration: 3-6 months
Shifts: Afternoons (Mon to Thurs 4pm-12am, Friday 10am-3pm) or
Day shift also available (Mon to Thurs 7.30am- 4pm, Friday 7.30am -12.30pm)
We are currently recruiting for a number of Assembly Fitters to work afternoon shifts for a 3-6 month contract based in Birkenhead.
Must have knowledge of overhauling.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
* Work on own initiative or as part of a team within a dedicated team of fitters working to production deadlines.
* Perform tasks within the assembly areas considered to be within his/her capability.
* To be flexible and work in any assembly area, accepting the possible varying shift patterns and also to help if required in non assembly areas.
* Undertake any necessary training to allow for flexibility between the differing assembly areas and train other personnel.
* Overhaul, repair, assemble and test a variety of equipment, including warranty returns, refurbished and new:- calipers, actuators, discs, couplers, brake control equipment, etc.
* Build test installations in line with test specifications and schematics. Operate the same, interpreting results and adjusting units to required settings to achieve required outputs.
* Where equipment does not achieve required outputs, does not fit together, etc. to investigate, fault find and diagnose likely causes and where possible correct the fault. Notify appropriate personnel of actual and potential problems.
* Operate monitoring, measuring and diagnostic equipment.
* Ensure quality requirements are met by working to technical documents and work instructions.
* Ensure that any relevant information is passed over to the next shift to aid a smooth changeover.
* Carry out minor maintenance tasks and specified routine preventative maintenance some of which may be outside the assembly areas.
* Participate in continuous improvement workshops in order to increase efficiency within the company. Utilise CI tools such as 5S in order to improve the flow and workplace layout.
* Raise Non Conformance Records as appropriate.
* Communicate to Supervision any deficiencies in the production activity as they are detected and suggest any possible actions to correct these deficiencies.
* Ensure that tools, gauges, measuring equipment, etc. are properly stored * Comply with Company and statutory Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental and Personnel policies and procedures.
– Experience in valve repair, overhauling and assembling train components/brakes would be advantageous.
– Overtime is available.
Afternoon shift rates:
Umbrella Basic – Training rate £21.51, increasing to £23.97 after training complete
PAYE Basic – Training £16.93, increasing to £18.81 after training complete
Day shift rates:
Pay Rate (per hour):
Umbrella Basic -Training rate £18.18, increasing to £20.21 after training complete
PAYE Basic – Training rate £14.35, increasing to £15.94 after training complete
— Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business. You’ll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.