Job Title: Industrial IOT Architect
Salary: £90,000-£120,000 per annum (DOE)
We are currently recruiting for an Industrial IOT Architect for a permanent position based in Bath.
The purpose of the role is to provide strategic technical leadership to support the digitalisation of the company’s broad range of flow control products through internal development and third-party partnerships.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
* Develop secure, robust, enduring, flexible and scalable modular technology platforms to support connected digital services and software defined functionality of the company’s broad range of industrial flow control products.
* Deliver creative, cohesive and innovative solutions to requirements and constraints for multiple products in parallel while working in a complex and fast-moving environment.
* Deliver a framework for product digitalisation / cloud connectivity, with guidance on where functionality resides, how products are commissioned/serviced (including handheld/remote devices), and understanding how services/functionality can be monetised.
* Deliver a framework and definition for the company’s Digital Twin and how this will enable a cost-effective increased pace of innovation and Customer support.
* Work closely with IT architects to ensure solutions are able to operate within the company’s enterprise systems.
* Write architecture documents such as design standards, specifications, system architectures and requirements specifications.
* Work with and through the Group Digital Systems and New Product Development teams to implement the digitalisation strategy through products, common modules and reference designs through internal developers and 3rd party partners.
* Provide expertise and architectural assistance to the company’s international engineering teams and partners to facilitate delivery and support of the core platforms.
* Ensure that all planned and in-place system architectures are aligned with the company strategy.
* Conduct research on new technologies in the field of systems development and create and develop plans for investing in such systems that will increase cost effectiveness and flexibility.
* Support the integration of new product and technology acquisitions into the overall product architectural design.
* Identify, assess and collaborate with technology partners.
* Provide technical leadership and consultation to resources at both peer and junior levels.
* Degree level education or relevant experience within an engineering or science discipline.
* Proven experience developing strategic system digitalisation architecture plans.
* High analytical, conceptual and troubleshooting abilities.
* Technical leadership experience.
* Understanding of IOT architecture.
* Proven experience identifying, analysing and resolving system problems.
* Experience conducting technology, trends, standards and products research
* Experience providing guidance and leadership to novice systems engineers.
* Solid understanding of information processing fundamentals and best practices.
* Solid track record in prioritising and executing tasks when under extreme pressure.
* Knowledge of company products and systems would be an advantage.
* Familiarity and expertise in a variety of digital technologies and how these can be applied to industrial products including:
– Industrial and Commercial wired and wireless communication systems.
– Cyber security and its application in industrial systems.
– Automated safety systems and equipment for use in hazardous areas.
– UI and UX Design.
– Machine learning.
– Software defined systems and OTA upgrades.
– Mechatronic electrical and fluid powered control products.
— Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business. You’ll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website.